Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My Personal Writing Experience

I began writing at a very young age.  This was mostly due to my mom's book-worm nature and her job as a librarian.  Growing up, I spent a lot of time around books and I also spent a lot of time reading them. I loved how reading and writing provided me with an escape.  I remember days in the library spent reading Geronimo books, Captain Underpants, and Judy B. Jones, Eragon and Harry Potter.  I began creatively writing when I was maybe 8 or 9 years old.  I used to draw comic book pictures and caption them with my own stories.  My mom loved this and I remember her proudly bragging about my little stories to her friends.  In high school, I really found my love for writing when I began blogging and writing on my own.  I loved to write down my thoughts and creatively write without the instruction of prompt or style. I've always been an avid reader; My freshman and sophomore years of high school I spent my lunches in the library reading book sagas and novels alone.  This doesn't include the many years spent in the public library of my grandma's town checking out stacks of books and reading them to my pleasure.  My experience with reading and writing has always been positive.  I have grown so much through my passion for literature, and my love for the art of writing.  This is why my major in college has never changed and why my junior year of high school I knew that I wanted to be an English major.  This art form, or outlet in a sense, aided me in my years of adolescence and still does now into my adulthood.  My heart and mind has always benefitted from the presence of literature and its anecdotes, allusions, sonnets, plays, lyrics, pamphlets, etcetera... I think writing has always been a part of who I am.  I really think that's the best way to describe my experience and relationship with writing.  Even in college now, I don't mind writing papers and I don't ever get angry about them.  They are definitely hard and very critical but I'm often excited for the chance to tie my ideas, thoughts, opinions, and findings in different genres of literature together to create something argumentative yet enticing to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment