Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Poetry Slam Poem

Who I am Today

My heart is satisfied by the honest things
my mind indulges in these dreams.
Literature, forms, and their allusions;
marijuana, coffee, and my delusions.
Knowledge empowers my every sway;
for I wouldn't have tomorrow,
if it wasn't for today.

My passions are grander than my scheme;
the sun rays ignite this burning gleam.
Triumphant discoveries on ancient uncovering's,
the words splattered on the page are the paintings of wondering.
Passion seeps into my everything,
Passion creeps into the songs I sing.

With illustrations of sunnier days,
Literature challenges my empowering ways;
coffee, marijuana, and form they say,
are soulful guides to the reading way.
Though without these ails I will not say,
for I will not be tomorrow who I am today.


                                             Alondra Peña

No comments:

Post a Comment